2. When you register for the The Paginator Service, we ask you for personally identifiable information that can be used to contact you or to determine your specific identity. When you provide this information to us, you are no longer anonymous. We also may receive information about you from other sources and add it to the information you have provided to us. We must have your personally identifiable information in order for us to adequately provide you with the The Paginator Service, to improve the The Paginator website and service, to monitor traffic and general usage patterns, and for other general business purposes, and to inform publishers as to what content is appealing to their readers, to inform advertisers of the usage habits or characteristics of the interested audience, and to advise potential investors so that they may better understand The Paginator user base, etc. We may also use your personally identifiable information to ask for your input to help in our research about our services, events, or products or to provide you with additional information about this site and about other Leading Edge Communications products, services, or events that we think might be of interest to you. Note that by limiting information collection, The Paginator may not be able to provide you the same functionality or features as otherwise available (if such functionality or features rely on this information).
3. Your personally identifiable information will include basic registration information, such as your name, address, email address, phone, fax, and other contact information. When you place an order for or subscribe to a product through The Paginator Service, we collect billing information, such as your credit card number, expiration date, and billing address. We may ask you for voluntary personal information at other times, including but not limited to when you provide opinions, enter a contest or promotion, or report a problem with the The Paginator Service. When you submit a request for more information or assistance, we will keep a record of the request and the manner in which it was processed. We may also automatically receive and record information in our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, your computer's name, the type and version of your web browser, referrer addresses, and other generally-accepted log information. We may also record page views (hit counts) and other general statistical and tracking information.
4. In general, we will not disclose your personally identifiable information to unaffiliated third parties without your express consent. There may be circumstances where we may need to disclose personally identifiable information about a user, including:
- employing other companies to perform functions on our behalf, such as fulfilling orders, providing customer service, sending mail, processing credit card payments, processing currency conversions, or other functions necessary to our business.
- If publishers of the products available through the The Paginator Service request additional Personally Identifying Information from us. The information practices of those publishers are covered by their own privacy policies.
- If we are required by law to provide any of your personally identifiable information we will, if permitted by law, attempt to notify you via the e-mail address you supplied during registration within a reasonable amount of time before we respond to the request.
- In the event of a sale of all or most of the assets of the company, this information may be transferred to the purchaser.
6. We use reasonable precautions, including appropriate technical, administrative, and physical procedures, to protect personal information from loss, misuse, or alteration. When we contract with other companies to provide us with services, we only share personal information with those that we believe share our commitment to privacy and information security. However, we are not responsible for any breach of security or for the actions of these parties. No data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be secure. As a result, while we try to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
7. Leading Edge Communications’ web sites are not intended for use by children, especially those under the age of 13. No one under the age of 13 should provide any personal information or participate in any forums, chats, or online discussions. Minors under the age of 18 are prohibited from making purchases, including subscriptions, on our sites. Please discourage your children from providing any personal information about themselves to anyone in any public discussion areas.